We all know the typical IT behaviors and complains about developers throwing seemingly untested solutions over the wall into production and leaving operations to pick up the pieces. On the other hand, we hear development complaining about the barriers put up by operations that delay deployment, or workload demands placed on developers from IT Operations like small updates, fixing issues and applications not working.
The increasing penetration of IT into all areas of the business and the desire for ever more and ever faster customer facing solutions is compounding the issues even more. As a result, the workload on development and IT Operations is growing, workflows are stuck and, IT Projects are failing, business executives are angry and frustrated, seeing lost business opportunities and risks to business operations.
Your challenge is to use the DevOps principles and apply them in this serious Business Simulation. In three rounds you will work on the IT Projects and IT Issues and make sure “The Phoenix Project” will be finished on time. But, beware, the business keeps coming with new ideas and demands and external developments outside your control can also throw a spanner in the works.
- How to apply DevOps principles in a real life situation?
- How to find the right balance between delivering your SLA requirements and your IT Projects according to plan?
- How to experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business?
- How to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department?
- How to create better flow in your teams?
- How to develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment?
- How to show business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful?
This simulation is targeted to all roles and employees in Business, IT Development and IT Operations who want to apply Lean, Agile and ITSM principles to improve the performance of their IT Services or to create more value out of their IT Solutions.
This simulation is for organizations who want to develop that culture to achieve better collaboration and as a result, faster and errorless deployment of new IT Solutions.
The simulation can be used for:
- Awareness programs
- Assessment sessions