DevOps Experience is a business issue focused experiential learning workshop designed to resonate with the transformation challenges facing executives today and demonstrates DevOps in action. Delegates are immersed in a business scenario where a long established international airline (Global Air) is facing challenges of growth and relevance in a fast changing digital world.
Customers have greater expectations and increased options, with new entrants in the market responding more rapidly to customer needs to provide an enhanced customer experience at lower price points.
The airline needs to compete with these organizations by achieving greater efficiencies, diversified revenue channels, accelerated high quality release cycles, reduced risk, and increased customer experience.
Over the course of the workshop, participants will engage in a high impact, classroom based experience which brings to life the key messages around the changes required to transition to an agile enterprise that is customer centric and digitally focused in the delivery of services.
The experience will call out current barriers, pathways and benefits of this journey and focuses mainly on people and processes (ways of working) and provides opportunities for understanding the context of technologies such as Kubernetes which are enabling this transformation: Continuous Integration/Delivery (Cl/CD), Test, Deployment as well as APl’s, Tool Chains, Microservices, Monoliths & SaaS to demonstrate DevOps in action and the importance of removing technical debt within the organization.
- Strategic challenges facing enterprise digital transformation and insights into technical debt
- Digital focus highlighting technological advances such as continuous integration/delivery, test and deployment as well as APl’s, microservices and SaaS capabilities.
- Powerful demonstration of how value can be added and risk removed from the investment portfolio
- ‘New IT’ experience – full range of the potential levers available, including DevOps, ITIL4, Lean, and Agile
- Insight into how collaboration reduces costs and accelerates time to market
- Practice techniques such as Kanban and Value Stream Mapping – brought together by a cultural imperative to collaborate x-boundaries and disciplines
- A powerful tool to drive organizational change through a number of key self-realizations that empower action and ownership
- Importance of Cl/CD pipeline
- How to create enhanced flow within teams
- How DevOps principles impact day-to-day life of teams
- C-suite Executives
- DevOps Leaders
- DevOps Entrants
- Employees as part of Enterprise Transformation Enablement
- SRE Teams
- Software Development Team
- Application Development
- IT Operations Teams
- No formal prerequisites
- Optimal number of participants range from 12 – 16, however additional people can audit as observers.
- No formal certification is provided
- Participants will receive a digital badge and a certificate of completion.
The standard DevOps Experience is based on a one (1) day session with 3 – 4 rounds however can be tailored to meet organizations needs as a half-day session.