Instructor-led classroom training. Arrange your private training, or join our public classroom schedule
In this CI/CD & DevOps Hands-on Workshop, you will learn how to version control your application code and database, build DevOps pipeline and use it to package and ship your solution. You will also learn the best practice of branching, Continuous Integration (CI), pre-flight test, peer review, pipelining and finally achieve Continuous Delivery for your team and organisation.
CI/CD & DevOps Hands-on Workshop is designed for everyone working in the field of IT, start from Development to Operation. Our program is especially beneficial for IT professionals who are seeking to improve the practical knowledge and skill to implement proper versioning, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
The following will benefit from this course:
- Professionals involved in IT Development, and IT Operation.
- IT professionals working within, or approaching an Agile or DevOps environment with the need for a detailed understanding and practical skills of the Version Control System, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Developers working using Agile framework/methodology
- Infrastructure/Platform Engineers that works toward pip line development
Technology Stack used in Workshop
Source Code Management
- Version Control System Type
- Different Branching Approach
- Practical Containerisation with Docker
- Version Control your Application Code with Git and GitLab
- Version Control your Database Code with Git and GitLab
- Bake it into your container image
Configure your Secure DevOps Pipeline
- What is DevOps? What is DevOps Pipeline for?
- Steps in DevOps Pipeline
- Configure your DevOps Pipeline with Gitlab-CI
- Set-up Quality assessment in the pipeline with Peer Review
- Set-up Quality assessment in the pipeline with Pre-Flight Test
Continuous Integration and Toogle
- What is Continuous Integration?
- How to do proper Continuous Integration
- How to leverage Feature Toggle
Achieving Continuous Delivery
- What is Continuous Delivery?
- Setting up for Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Achieving Continuous Delivery (CD) with our pipeline
- Perform proper versioning and set-up release decision
Prerequisite for Learners
- Basic knowledge or experience in programming; knowledge in Java programming language is recommended.
- Personal notebook/laptop to use in the hands-on workshop session. Linux environment is recommended, and some tools installation on top of docker engine will be performed – ensure you have the security access to perform installation on your laptop.
- Knowledge in basic version control is recommended, but not mandatory.
This course is also available via Virtual Instructor-led Training, contact us for class schedule